Students come to us from over 50 different communities and towns in the area. Pingree offers four bus routes and a pick-up/drop-off at the Hamilton/Wenham train station to help families get to and from school. In addition, families organize carpools or drive independently.
- What transportation options does Pingree offer for commuting students?
- What is the annual fee for bus transportation?
- Can my child ride the bus in only one direction (to or from school)?
- Can my child ride the bus for less than the full academic year?
- My child left an item on the bus. Who should I contact?
- How will I be notified regarding changes to the bus schedule?
- Will my child’s bus pick-up/drop-off times remain the same each school year?
- What time should I arrive at my child’s bus stop?
- What if my bus is late to my stop?
- What should I do if my child misses the bus?
- Once my child is signed up for the bus, are they permitted to ride any Pingree School bus?
- My child participates in an afternoon activity that requires them to stay after their bus pick-up time. Will they be provided with alternate transportation?
- My child is visiting the home of a child who is registered for the bus. Will they be permitted to ride on the bus with their friend?
- What happens if my child misbehaves on the bus?
- Who do I contact for assistance registering for transportation or subsequent issues?
- Is my child, who is a licensed driver, permitted to drive to school?
- How should I go about organizing a carpool for students in my community?