Welcome to Pingree School
As you embark on the exciting process of choosing a secondary school, we encourage you to visit our campus, talk to our students and faculty, look through our viewbook, and click through our website. We are eager to share Pingree's academic, arts, and athletics programs with you.
Pingree School is dedicated to providing each individual student the vibrant learning environment that helps them achieve and thrive in school and beyond. We work to challenge and inspire students to reach their greatest potential as they grow to be leaders, scholars, and global citizens.
- What is a typical day like?
- Where do Pingree students come from?
- What are the steps to apply?
- What happens during a visit?
- What standardized test do I need to take?
- I’m not sure we can afford Pingree? What kind of aid is available?
The Pingree student body consists of 360 students from over 50 different towns, including some in southern New Hampshire. There are approximately 80-90 students in each grade and an average of 13 students in each class. Pingree offers four bus routes to help students get to and from school. In addition, many families organize carpools and some older students drive to school independently.
Students interested in applying to Pingree must complete the following steps before the January 15 application deadline:
- Complete an online inquiry form
- Schedule an admission tour and interview
- Register for and complete a Standardized Test
- Pingree accepts either the SSAT or ISEE
- Complete the admission application
- Pingree accepts either the Pingree application, or the SAO (SSAT) common application
- Submit the transcript and recommendation forms to your current school
The visit begins with a tour of the campus given by a Pingree student. After the tour, the visiting student will be interviewed by a member of our admission team. The same interviewer will then talk to the student's parent/guardian. The entire visit takes no more than two hours.Visiting students should dress comfortably for the interview in school-appropriate attire.
Pingree believes strongly that access to an excellent independent education should be available to qualified students, regardless of their family's financial means. In that spirit, Pingree offers a need-based financial aid program in the hope that no student will be discouraged from applying because of financial circumstances. Currently 38% of Pingree's student body receives tuition assistance. Learn more about Pingree's financial aid program.